NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.|
1. Eligibility: Except where prohibited by law, the Dan Post Boot Company Father’s Day Video Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Dan Post Boot Company (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these official rules for the Contest (“Official Rules”). All federal, state, municipal and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
2. Entry Period: The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on June 15, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on June 21, 2015 (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received during the Entry Period to be eligible for the Contest.
3. How to Enter: Eligible participants must have an account on one or more of the following social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Vine. To enter, eligible participants must create a short video (“Video”) telling a “dad joke.” The Video may not exceed one minute in length. The key is to be creative, original and funny. After creating the Video, the participant must complete one of the following:
(a) Facebook: Visit and “Like” the Sponsor’s Facebook page (https://facebook.com/danpostboots), and make a public post of your Video to the Sponsor’s page wall along with the hashtag #DPBCdads.
(b) Twitter: Access your Twitter account, follow the Sponsor on Twitter (https://twitter.com/danpostbootco), and make a public post of your Video on your own page using the hashtag #DPBCdads.
(c) Instagram: Access your Instagram account, follow the Sponsor on Instagram (https://instagram.com/danpostbootco), and make a public post of your Video on your own page using the hashtag #DPBCdads.
(d) YouTube: Access your YouTube account, make a public post of your Video on YouTube and then follow the steps above to post your Video on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
(e) Vine: Access your Vine account, make a public post of your Video on Vine and then follow the steps above to post your Video on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Each eligible participant completing the entry process (“Entrant”) through one of the above social media sites (“Entry”) will be entered in the Contest. Participants may not use other submission methods to enter the Contest including, but not limited to, submission of the Video (i) by mail via DVD or USB drive, (ii) by email, or (iii) by Dropbox. Videos posted to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram that do not include the hashtag #DPBCdads will not be received by Sponsor and will not be entered into the Contest.
4. Entry Conditions: All Videos must be publicly viewable on the social media site or sites that the Entrant used to post the Video for entry into the Contest (i.e., Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or Vine). Entries must be submitted during the Entry Period to be eligible for the Contest. Limit of One Entry per Person per Day during the Entry Period. Any attempts by an Entrant to submit more than one Entry per day into the Contest will result in such Entries being disqualified. Entrants must meet all eligibility requirements listed herein. The first and last name of the account holder for the social media site account used for Entry into the Contest will be the identity of the Entrant and, if selected and qualified for a prize, the identity of the winner. Use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, programmed or similar entry methods is prohibited. Any duplicate Entries, after the first Entry per day during the Entry Period, and any Entries that fail to comply with the requirements in these Official Rules will be void. All Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Contest or these Official Rules and to conform to all federal, state, municipal, and local laws. Entries will not be acknowledged. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online Entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the applicable social media account associated with the Entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the person assigned to the account by the social media site. Neither Sponsor, nor any telephone network, nor any service provider is responsible for incorrect transcription of Entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or online service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected Entries or Entries not properly forwarded to Sponsor.
5. Conditions of Video: Any Video that is deemed by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be infringing, offensive, immoral, obscene, profane, defamatory, not keeping with the image of the Sponsor, or in violation of these Official Rules will be void. If a Video depicts a minor (under 18 years of age at the time of the Video), the minor’s parent or legal guardian must have consented to such use. Further, all Videos that contain trademarks, copyright-protected or other proprietary materials for which the Entrant has not obtained appropriate assignment of rights, as well as any content that disparages or portrays the Sponsor in a negative light, will be void. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to void any Entries from Entrants whom Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper or have tampered with the administration, security, or fairness of this Contest. Entries submitted by automatic, programmed, or like methods will be disqualified. By entering, each Entrant warrants and represents that (i) the Video is the original work of the Entrant and does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, confidentiality or publicity rights or any other legal rights of any third party; (ii) the Entrant owns or otherwise controls all rights to the Video submitted by the Entrant; and (iii) the Video has not been entered into or won any previous contests or awards and has not been published or distributed previously in any form of media. By entering this Contest, each Entrant unconditionally and irrevocably grants a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable license to Sponsor and its successors or assigns to use, reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the Video for any purpose now and hereafter as they so desire. Each Entrant further warrants and represents that any person or entity in the Video has agreed to be featured and for the Video to be posted on social media, and must also have agreed to the Video being entered in the Contest, and each Entrant further warrants and represents that applicable consents have been obtained. By submitting a Video, Entrant grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify such Video in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such Video alone or in combination with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor, in commerce and trade and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, without limitation or compensation to the Entrant and without right of notice, review, or approval of any such use of the Video.
6. Winner Selection: There will be three winners (“Winners”) in this Contest. The Winners will be determined by a judge or panel of judges (“Judges”) appointed by the Sponsor. The Judges will review each of the Videos that are properly submitted and then rank the Videos based upon the following criteria: (a) creativity (25%); (b) originality (25%); (c) entertainment value (25%); and (d) production quality (25%). The top three ranked Videos, as determined by the Judges in their sole discretion, will be the First, Second, and Third Place Winners respectively.
7. Winner Notification: The Winners will be notified via the social media site on which their Entry was received within five days following the Winner’s selection. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) the Winner’s failure to timely respond to the notification; (2) the return of the email notification as undeliverable for any reason; (3) the Winner’s failure to validly and timely claim the prize; or (4) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
8. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): The First Place Winner will receive a pair of John Deere Boots of their choosing from the current selection of available John Deere Boots from Dan Post Boot Company’s website, www.danpostboots.com. In addition to the boots, the First Place Winner may select one John Deere belt and one John Deere wallet from the current selection provided by Gem-Dandy Accessories’ online catalog, www.gem-dandy.com/pdf/JohnDeere.pdf (“Prize 1”). The Second Place Winner will receive one pair of John Deere Boots of their choosing from the current selection from Dan Post Boot Company’s website, www.danpostboots.com (“Prize 2”). The Third Place Winner will receive one John Deere belt and one John Deere wallet from the current selection provided by Gem-Dandy Accessories’ online catalog, www.gem-dandy.com/pdf/JohnDeere.pdf (“Prize 3”) (Prize 1, Prize 2, and Prize 3 are also referred to individually as “Prize” and collectively as “Prizes”). The ARV of Prize 1 is $260.00. The ARV of Prize 2 is $200.00. The ARV of Prize 3 is $60.00. The total ARV for all Prizes is $520.00. Upon receipt of notification as a winner from Sponsor, the Winner must provide Sponsor with the following information for the Winner to participate in the Prize: (a) the style of John Deere Boot desired; (b) sizing; and (c) shipping information (collectively, “Prize Information”). All federal, state, and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
9. Prize Delivery and Conditions: A Prize will be delivered with complimentary shipping within 15 days* after Sponsor verifies the Winner’s eligibility to enter and to win this Contest, and the Winner provides Sponsor with the Prize Information. The actual retail value of the Prize may differ at the time of Prize award. If the Prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Winner may waive their right to receive a Prize. The Prize is non-transferrable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable, has no cash value, and must be accepted by the Winner as awarded.
*Not all boot styles or boot sizes may be available at the time of your choosing. If boots are currently on back order you will be informed of the next availability date and you may decide on waiting or you may select a different pair. Prizes will be shipped via UPS to the address you provide to Dan Post Boot Company. All Dan Post Boot Company’s brands of boots are available only in sizes shown on our website, www.danpostboots.com
10. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period and the quality of the Videos.
11. Conditions, Disclaimers, and License: By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees that: (a) he or she will abide by and be bound by these Official Rules; (b) the Entry will not be acknowledged; (c) neither Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vine nor Sponsor or any of its affiliated companies or the advertising and promotional agencies affiliated with Sponsor or those affiliated companies, nor any of their officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, Sponsor’s “Affiliates”) are responsible for claims, injuries, death, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; (d) Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of a Winner to accept the Prize for any reason; and (e) by entering the Contest, all Entrants further agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters relating to the Contest, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure, fulfillment, and disputes from the Contest. Neither Sponsor nor its Affiliates are responsible for (i) any typographical or other errors in the printing of the promotion materials or the offering or announcement of the Prizes, (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (iii) failure of any Entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iv) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, or (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest.
Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Contest, neither Sponsor nor its Affiliates are responsible for the actions of Entrants or other individuals in connection with the Contest, including attempts by Entrants or other individuals to circumvent these Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Contest, and in the event of cancellation or termination, to select Winners from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. If the Contest is terminated by Sponsor as set forth above, Sponsor will post notice of such termination at https://www.facebook.com/danpostboots and on the Sponsor’s website, available at www.danpostboots.com. Inclusion in such drawing will be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed receipt of such Entry by Sponsor.
12. Release and Indemnification: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD THE SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, YOUTUBE AND VINE HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHT, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACCESS TO ANY MATERIALS, OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE PRODUCTION OR SUBMISSION OF A VIDEO INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY TRAVEL OR OTHER ACTIVITIES RELATED TO THE ENTRANT’S PRODUCTION OR SUBMISSION OF A VIDEO FOR THE CONTEST, OR FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
Each Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and its Affiliates from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, expenses and costs (including legal fees) brought or asserted by or on behalf of any third party against the Sponsor or its Affiliates arising from or related to the Entrant’s Video infringing or allegedly infringing a third party’s intellectual property rights, publicity, privacy or confidentiality rights, or defaming or otherwise causing harm to a third party.
(a) Applicable Law: This Contest, and any disputes that may arise hereunder, shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the state of Tennessee without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. As a condition of participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Clarksville, Tennessee. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than the Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
(c) Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Prize, the Winner grants permission for Sponsor and its agents to use his/her name, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, merchandising, promotion and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
14. Official Rules: The Official Rules will be posted at www.danpostboots.com/contest.html throughout the Entry Period. By entering and participating in the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that all information provided by Entrant in connection with the Contest is true, accurate and complete, and each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. The Contest will be run in accordance with the Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor. Each Entrant must comply with the Official Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood the Official Rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of the Contest, as set out in the Official Rules, are not subject to amendment or counteroffer, except as set out herein. If any provisions of the Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of the Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
15. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Dan Post Boot Company, 1751 Alpine Drive, Clarksville, Tennessee 37040. Requests must be received no later than July 15, 2015.
16. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Dan Post Boot Company, 1751 Alpine Drive, Clarksville, Tennessee 37040.
17. Social Media Disclaimer: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vine, or any other social media site. By participating in the Contest, you agree that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vine or any other social media site.